Walmart DEX technical requirements, March 2020
Thought I would pass along this list of technical requirements for doing DEX with WalMart that I recently received from a DSD distributor client
- Walmart will NOT fail the record, due to parsing and formatting, if the character sizes exceed maximums.
- It is recommended that min/max sizes are adhered to as it may cause other errors during the processing of the data
- Walmart will reject the transmission if more than one DUN’s (G8205) is entered in the transmission
- Walmart will reject the transmission if the DUN’s number does not align to the vendor number onboarded
- Walmart will reject the transmission if the DUN’s and Comm ID does not align to the vendor number onboarded giving the error of 204 (Vendor Not Found)
- Walmart will only accept a unit of measure (UOM) in Cases or Eaches for an item
- When using the UOM of eaches a consumer UPC is required (G8304)
- When using the UOM of cases a case UPC is required (G8307) and the consumer UPC is required (G8304)
- Walmart will reject the document if the DEX transmission contains an invoice number (G8202) that has already successfully sent on the date specified in the document (G8207)
- Walmart will potentially adjust (qty and cost) in the 895 record, the vendor should have the capabilities to accept the adjustments
- Walmart will not accept an adjustment back from the supplier after the 895 is available
The interesting item in the list is:
When using the UOM of cases a case UPC is required (G8307) and the consumer UPC is required (G8304)
The G8307 is optional so there will be vendors who do not send this value regardless of UOM. This will cause some vendors to make modifications to their DEX software. This modification could potentially impact other retailers.